The China Power Market Guide & Outlook 2014
Free Energy Market Research Reports
Batteries & Fuel Cells
Chemical Industry & Markets
Oil & Gas
Terms & Conditions
Power generation is experiencing a series of trends which will shape the market for decades to come. Coal is seemingly on a terminal decline, to be replaced by natural gas, and renewable energy is making substantial strides to become more commercially relevant. Advances ensure new power sources are moving closer to becoming part of the mainstream, with problems such as using renewable energy on demand now being solved. Leading companies in power generation must stay ahead of the development curve in these areas; failure to do so will mean allowing rivals to gain crucial competitive advantages at a time of great change.
Key questions answered
• What advances have occurred in renewable energy?
• What future is there for coal in the modern power market?
• Can energy storage realize the full potential of renewable energy?
• Why is gas now overtaking coal in the developed world?
• Can next generation renewable technology be successful?
• Explores developments in the next generation of renewable technology
• Looks at the condition of conventional renewable energy
• Assesses the impact of gas on the international market
• Analyses the future of coal as a source of power
Reasons to buy
• Whilst exciting advances are being made in the next generation of renewable technologies, conventional renewable energy is also making large strides towards becoming a major part of the global power generation market.
• Able to release energy over a sustained period of time, rather than short bursts achieved with batteries, molten salt is now being combined with renewable energy, enabling access on demand to renewable energy.
• Power producers are increasingly moving away from coal, creating merger and acquisition activity as firms diversify into natural gas. No longer is coal a sustainable business for power companies on a long-term basis.