The China Power Market Guide & Outlook 2014
Free Energy Market Research Reports
Batteries & Fuel Cells
Chemical Industry & Markets
Oil & Gas
Terms & Conditions
Offshore Oil & Gas Seismic Surveys with 2D, 3D & 4C Equipment & 2D, 3D, OBS, Proprietary & Multi Client Acquisition
Spending in the marine seismic equipment and acquisition markets is a segment of overall E&P CAPEX (capital expenditure). E&P CAPEX usually follows the price of oil as this determines the rate of return on production. The marine seismic equipment and acquisition markets are important to follow as spending and trends within these markets indicate future locations for drilling and resource exploitation. CAPEX directed at marine seismic equipment or data acquisition has often been used as a sign for the health of oil and gas E&P spending.
Visiongain’s new 184-page Marine Seismic Equipment and Acquisition Markets 2016-2026 report indicates that the marine seismic market will see CAPEX of $273m on equipment and $2,703m on acquisition in 2016.
The fall in the price of oil has resulted in oil companies reacting by cutting exploration investments. This in turn has resulted in marine seismic acquisition companies making major cuts with regards to spending in order to remain profitable during this market downturn. Recovery in the marine seismic market will occur in line with the recovery of the oil price. Seismic data acquisition is expected to recover faster than the equipment market as companies can seek opportunities in both multi-client and proprietary work to utilise the availability of vessels and equipment.
This report will be of value to anyone who wants to better understand the sector and its dynamics. It will be useful for stakeholders already involved in the marine seismic sector, or for those wishing to understand and appreciate the trajectory and state-of-play of a sector of growing importance to the global energy industry.
The report contains 117 tables, charts and graphs that add visual analysis in order to illustrate developing trends within the marine seismic market. Visiongain provides annual CAPEX forecasts and analysis for the period 2016-2026 for the global market.
The report will answer questions such as:
• How is the marine seismic equipment market evolving?
• What are the prospects for the different types of marine seismic equipment over the next decade?
• What is the outlook for the different types of marine seismic acquisition over the next decade?
• How does the price of oil affect the marine seismic equipment and acquisition markets?
• Who are the main companies in the marine seismic equipment and acquisition markets?
• Which locations are the focuses of marine seismic acquisition activity and how will this develop going forward?
• What is driving and restraining the marine seismic equipment and acquisition markets?
Five reasons why you must order and read this report today:
1) The report provides global equipment and acquisition market forecasts and analysis covering the period 2016 to 2026 in terms of capital expenditure ($).
2) The report provides forecasts for the global marine seismic equipment market, together with the five most important equipment submarkets from 2016-2026:
- 3D Seismic Vessels and Equipment.
- Seismic Streamers and Associated Command and Control Systems.
- 4C Seismic Equipment.
- Seismic Sources and Associated Coordination Systems.
- 2D Seismic Vessels and Equipment.
3) The report provides forecasts for the global marine seismic acquisition market, together with five acquisition submarkets from 2016-2026:
- Multi-Client Seismic Acquisition
- Proprietary Seismic Acquisition
- 3D Seismic Acquisition (3D, 4D, WAZ)
- Ocean-Bottom Seismic (OBS) Acquisition (3C, 4C, PRM)
- 2D Seismic Acquisition
4) The report also includes forecasts for the global marine seismic acquisition market with an assessment and forecast of the following regions with contracts details shown for each region
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Middle East
Marine Seismic Equipment & Acquisition Markets 2016-2026: Offshore Oil & Gas Seismic Surveys with 2D, 3D & 4C Equipment & 2D, 3D, OBS, Proprietary & Multi Client Acquisition
5) A companies’ chapter provides detailed analysis and outlooks for the leading companies that operate within the marine seismic market PLUS an exclusive interview with leading company PGS ASA providing insight into the overall industry and current market trends.
- Sea Bird
Who should read this report?
- Anyone within the marine seismic value chain
- Seismic vessel operators
- Multi-client survey companies
- Oil and gas companies with upstream operations
- Fund managers for energy practices at banks
- Energy practice legal professionals
- Seismic vessel constructors
- Marine seismic equipment manufacturers
- Seismic data processing companies,
- FPSO providers,
- Mobile offshore drilling unit providers,
- Engineering companies
- Business development managers
- Marketing managers
- Government agencies
3D Oil Limited
Arctic Geophysical Exploration (AGE)
Cairn India Limited
Cap Energy Plc
Caspian Service Inc.
Chariot Oil & Gas
China Oil Field Service Ltd (COSL)
Eidesvik Ship Management AS
Geophysical Research Company
Global Geophysical Services
Hind Offshore Pvt Ltd
Infinity Energy Resources
Libya National Oil Corp.
Louis Dreyfus Armateurs
Marine Arctic Geophysical (MAGE)
Maritime Mineral Resources Sdn Bhd
MCG (MultiClient Geophysical)
Mineral Research and Exploration Institute (MTA)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI)
NAUTIC Offshore AS
OMV New Zeeland Limited
Pancontinental Oil & Gas
Perenco Oil & Gas Gabon S.A.
Primeline Energy Holdings
Providence Resources plc
Soma Oil & Gas Exploration
Supported Marine Services (SMS)
Swire Pacific Offshore
Tullow Oil & Gas
Turkish Petroleum Corporation
Uksnoy & Co AS
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in this Report
Gabon Ministry of Energy