The China Power Market Guide & Outlook 2014
Free Energy Market Research Reports
Batteries & Fuel Cells
Chemical Industry & Markets
Oil & Gas
Terms & Conditions
Heavy oil is a poorer quality crude with a higher carbon to hydrogen ratio and more impurities such as sulphur and metals. It is usually found in formations where the cap rock has provided insufficient protection allowing bacteria to enter and degrade the oil over time. Heavy oil in this report is defined as oil with an API gravity of under 22o that is mobile or semi-mobile at reservoir conditions. In some countries, such as Russia and China, heavy oil is referred to as high-viscosity crude. Heavy oil can be produced with either non-thermal (cold) production processes or thermal production processes. Cold production processes tend to inject water or chemicals in reserves to extract heavy oil, whereas thermal processes inject steam to heat the viscous oil before extraction. The global market for heavy oil will be $53.62bn in 2014.
In this report, the market is subdivided based on the method of production into cold heavy oil and thermal heavy oil submarkets. Expenditure in the global heavy oil market will be primarily driven by the cold heavy oil submarket as many of the world’s largest national heavy oil markets have well established cold heavy oil projects, though thermal projects are on the increase in a few select locations.
This new report from visiongain is a fresh market assessment of the heavy oil sector based upon the latest information. This brand new report contains completely new analysis based on company expenditure (USD$), though production (bpd) forecasts are also included.
Why you should buy the Heavy Oil Market 2014-2024: Expenditure & Production Forecasts and Prospects for Leading Companies report:
What is the future for the heavy oil market? Which submarkets and regions will prosper over the next ten years? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
How this 280 page report delivers:
• View global, submarket and national heavy oil market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- Global heavy oil market forecast and analysis 2014-2024 for both expenditure (USD$) and production (bpd)
- The market projections and analysis of the commercial drivers and restraints will allow you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments
• Our report provides 193 tables, charts, and graphs
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future heavy oil market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the heavy oil sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews.
- By reading the full transcript of an exclusive expert opinion interview contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the heavy oil sector, finding strategic advantages for your work and demonstrating how your organisation can benefit.
- This report includes an interview with Breitling Energy, a company focused on unconventional oil production that will move into heavy oil production in the US.
• Discover expenditure forecasts for the two main heavy oil submarkets from 2014-2024
- What are the market dynamics within the heavy oil industry? How will these markets expand? Which submarkets will see the greatest levels of expenditure? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Find where you can gain and how your organisation can succeed. Avoid falling behind. Stay informed about the potential for each of these heavy oil submarkets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024:
- Cold Heavy Oil Submarket Forecast 2014-2024
- Thermal Heavy Oil Submarket Forecast 2014-2024
• Understand the prospects for the 15 leading national heavy oil markets – where will the highest levels of expenditure and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for heavy oil companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2014 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market and submarket forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 for 15 leading national markets.
- Mexican forecast 2014-2024
- Brazilian forecast 2014-2024
- Venezuelan forecast 2014-2024
- Chinese forecast 2014-2024
- Canadian 2014-2024
- United States’ forecast 2014-2024
- Colombian forecast 2014-2024
- Angolan forecast 2014-2024
- Omani forecast 2014-2024
- Indonesian forecast 2014-2024
- Kuwaiti forecast 2014-2024
- Russian forecast 2014-2024
- Ecuadorian forecast 2014-2024
- Iranian forecast 2014-2024
- Saudi Arabian forecast 2014-2024
- Rest of the World forecast 2014-2024
• Find out about the market dynamics & opportunities in 15 leading countries
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are investing in projects and with which technologies.
- You will be able to examine detailed tables of significant national contracts and projects
• Explore the factors affecting heavy oil expenditure and production. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues facing heavy oil projects. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Research and development (R&D) strategy
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition between cold and thermal heavy oil projects
- Increasing specialisation in cold or thermal heavy oil production by leading players
- Analysis of broad barriers to entry
- Changes to international dynamics, such as sanctions
- Changes to domestic energy policy within key nations that may drive or restrain current and future heavy oil projects
• We reveal the market share data for the leading 10 heavy oil companies
- Our report analyses the companies which hold the greatest potential. Prospects for growth in heavy oil expenditure are strong, with some companies particularly well placed to excel in the forecast period. View Visiongain’s assessment of the prospects for established competitors and rising companies alike. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 10 leading heavy oil companies examining their market share, positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex)
- China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Petroleos Brasiliero (Petrobras)
- Petróleos de Venezuela (PDVSA)
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Pacific Rubiales
- Total E&P
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the heavy oil market
The Heavy Oil Market 2014-2024: Expenditure & Production Forecasts and Prospects for Leading Companies report provides impartial heavy oil sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
Alba Resources Ltd
Baytex Energy Corporation
Berry Petroleum Company
BP Exploration Angola
Bright Source Energy
Canacol Energy Ltd.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited (CNRL)
Cenovus Energy Inc.
Chevron Technology Ventures
China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)
China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Chrysalix Energy Venture Capital
Diaz Resources Ltd.
Emerge Oil and Gas
Esso Exploration Angola
Gaffney, Cline & Associates
Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd. (GKP)
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
ICA Fluor Daniel-Industria del Hierro and Commsa
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
IOOC - Iranian Offshore Oil Company
Ivanhoe Energy Inc.
J Ray McDermott
JX Nippon Exploration and Production UK Ltd.
Kudu Industries Inc.
Kuwait Gulf Oil Company - KGOC
Kuwait Petroleum Company - KOC
Mediterranean Oil & Gas
Mitsui E&P Italia
Mittal Energy Limited
Mubadala Development Company
National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC)
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem)
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
Oil India Limited
Oman Oil Company
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corporation
Palliser Oil and Gas
Pedec Iran – Iranian State Petroleum Engineering and Development Company
Petro River Oil
Petroamerica Oil Corp.
Petrobank Energy & Resources Ltd.
Petroleos Brasiliero (Petrobras)
Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA)
Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex)
Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
Rock Energy Inc
Royal Dutch Shell
Saudi Arabian Chevron Inc.
Shell Oman Marketing Company
Sonoro Energy Ltd.
Southern Pacific Resources
Sunwing Energy Ltd.
Tatweer Petroleum Company
Total E&P Angola
Trafina Energy Ltd.
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Brazilian National Petroleum Agency (ANP)
California Department of Oil, Gas & Geothermal Resources (DOGGR)
California Geological Survey
Canadian Centre for Energy Information
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
European Union (EU)
Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC)
International Energy Agency (IEA)
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Iranian Oil Ministry
National Liberation Army (ELN)
National Oil & Gas Authority of Bahrain
Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum Energy
Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
State Oceanic Administration (China)
United Nations (UN)
United States Department of Energy (DOE)
United States Department of State
United States Geological Survey (USGS)
World Energy Council (WEC)