The China Power Market Guide & Outlook 2014
Free Energy Market Research Reports
Batteries & Fuel Cells
Chemical Industry & Markets
Oil & Gas
Terms & Conditions
Prospects for Leading Companies in LNG FPSO & FSRU
Traditionally, LNG facilities have been built onshore, but this has become increasingly expensive in recent years, leading to the development of more cost effective solutions such as FLNG. The global market for floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) can be divided into two distinct areas: LNG FPSOs (Liquefied Natural Gas Floating Production Storage and Offloading Vessels) and FSRUs (Floating Storage and Regasification Units). This report addresses both of these markets, quantifying the opportunity for growth expected over the next ten years.
Floating regasification vessels, in operation since 2005, allow for flexible transportation of LNG. Three companies: Excelerate Energy, Golar LNG and Höegh LNG have taken the majority of ownership of floating regasification vessels thus far, although several other companies have begun to enter the market. There are currently 15 units operational in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, South America, and Southeast Asia. Floating regasification vessels will be particularly useful in areas where there are, at present, major gas shortfalls (e.g. Egypt, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh). The introduction of further floating regasification vessels will continue throughout the world, however, since they are more economic and timely than land-based terminals.
Floating liquefaction has been proposed as an economical solution to monetising stranded and associated gas. As of 2014, there are no floating liquefaction plants in operation, though the Exmar and Pacific Rubiales vessel will commence operation off the northern coast of Columbia in mid 2015. Petronas' first vessel is also due to become commercially operational in late 2015 off the coast of Malaysia. However, the project garnering the most attention in the FLNG market is Shell's Prelude, due to come online by 2017 off the west coast of Australia. These three vessels represent the wide range of capacity floating liquefaction vessels can have: the Shell vessel is of the large variety, producing over 3 million tonnes of LNG produced per annum (mmtpa). The Petronas vessel is of the medium-sized variety, and will produce 1-2 mmtpa, whereas the Exmar/Pacific Rubiales vessel will produce just 0.5 mmpta. In addition to these three vessels, there are a number of conceptual designs at different stages of project development due to come online throughout the forecast period. Visiongain anticipates a handful of final investment decisions (FID) will be taken over the next three years. The technical intricacies of constructing FLNG production facilities will ensure a build time of between three and five years depending on the design.
Visiongain values the global FLNG market at $11.845bn in 2014. The FLNG market is forecast by visiongain to experience strong expansion over the next five years, reaching peak levels of CAPEX in 2018. In the second half of the 10-year forecast, visiongain forecasts that spending will decline slightly, but remain at similarly strong levels as the LNG value chain as a whole continues to grow.
Why you should buy Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Leading Companies in LNG FPSO & FSRU
What is the future of the FLNG market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way:
• View global FLNG market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed CAPEX projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 228 page report provides 168 tables, charts, and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future FLNG market prospects.
- This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the FLNG sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the full transcript of exclusive expert opinion interview contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't' fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the FLNG sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales:
- EXMAR Marine NV
• Discover CAPEX forecasts for the key submarkets from 2014-2024
- What are the dynamics driving the FLNG industry? How will the market expand? Which submarkets will see the greatest levels of growth? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Find where you can gain and how your organisation can succeed. Stay informed about the potential for each of these FLNG submarkets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024:
- LNG FPSO forecast 2014-2024
- FSRU forecast 2014-2024
• Understand the prospects for the leading regional and national FLNG markets - where will the highest CAPEX spending and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for FLNG companies in the developed and developing countries and regions, from 2014 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 for 8 regional markets and 5 leading national and sub-regional markets:
- Australasia forecast 2014-2024
- Africa forecast 2014-2024
- Asia forecast 2014-2024
- Southeast Asia forecast 2014-2024
- Europe forecast 2014-2024
- Middle East forecast 2014-2024
- South America forecast 2014-2024
- North America and Caribbean forecast 2014-2024
- Australia forecast 2014-2024
- Malaysia forecast 2014-2024
- Indonesia forecast 2014-2024
- Brazil Asia forecast 2014-2024
- Other South American Countries forecast 2014-2024
- In addition to these markets, the outlook for FLNG in 30 other national markets is analysed within the regional forecasts.
- You will be provided with 24 contract tables detailing the status of all current and potential FLNG projects, including information on costs and likely start dates.
- For each of the regional markets you will be provided with a breakdown of CAPEX spending on the LNG FPSO and FSRU submarkets, as well as graphs forecasting liquefaction and regasification capacities.
• Explore the factors affecting project developers and constructors. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues assessing market advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues:
- Business strategy
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Increasing specialisation by leading players
- Increasing industry consolidation
- Analysis of barriers to entry
- Demographic changes
• Identify who the leading companies are in the FLNG industry
- Our report reveals the technologies and companies which hold the greatest potential. Prospects for advances in the FLNG industry are strong, and from 2014 it holds many opportunities for growth. View visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of eight leading FLNG companies examining their positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- Excelerate Energy
- Höegh LNG
- Golar LNG
- Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME)
- Samsung Heavy Industries
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- View market share breakdowns for the three leading companies in the FSRU submarket
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the FLNG market
The Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Leading Companies in LNG FPSO & FSRU report provides impartial FLNG sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and a full transcript from an exclusive interview with EXMAR Marine is included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket, regional and national market forecasts from 2014-2024
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market Forecast 2014-2024: Prospects for Leading Companies in LNG FPSO & FSRU report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the FLNG market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, overlooking critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 at the global, submarket, regional and national level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected product pipeline developments.
AB Klaipedos Nafta
Air Products and Chemicals Inc
Andhra Pradesh Gas Distribution Corporation (APGDC)
API Nova Energia
Avner Oil & Gas Exploration
BG Group Plc
Black and Veatch
Browse Joint Venture
Cambridge Energy Group
CE LNG - Cambridge Energy LNG
CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation)
Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME)
DEPA (Dimosia Epichirisi Paroxis Aeriou) - Greek Public Natural Gas Corporation
Douglas Channel Energy Partnership (DCEP)
DCEP Gas Management Ltd.
Douglas Channel LNG Assets Partnership
EDF (Électricité de France)
Excelerate Liquefaction Solutions
Freeport-McMoRan Energy (FME)
GAIL - Indian State Owned Natural Gas Processing and Distribution Company
Gazprom Marketing and Trading
GE Oil & Gas
Golar LNG Partners
Haisla Nation Limited Partnership (HNLP)
Höegh LNG Holdings
Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
IHI Shipbuilding (IHI)
INPEX Corporation (INPEX)
Israel Electricity Corporation
Isramco Negev 2 Limited Partnership
Jordanian National Electricity and Power Company
Keppel Offshore and Marine (Keppel)
KNPC (Kuwait National Petroleum Company)
Leif Höegh & Co
Liquid Niugini Gas Ltd.
LNG BargeCo BVBA
LTL Group (Lanka Transformer Ltd Group)
Meridian Holdings Co.
MIMI - Mitsubishi and Mitsui's Japan Australia LNG joint venture
Mitsui Japan Australia LNG
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL)
Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd
Ophir Energy Plc
Pacific Midstream Holding Corp
Paradip Port Trust
Pertamina - State Oil Company of Indonesia
PGN (Perusahaan Gas Negara PGN)
Petrobangla - National Oil Company of Bangladesh
Petromin PNG Holdings Limited
Pinsent Masons LLP
Port Meridian Energy Ltd.
PT EMP Energi Indonesia
PTTEP (Exploration and Production Division of the National Oil Company of Thailand)
PV Gas (Gas Division of PetroVietnam)
Ratio Oil Exploration
Reliance Industries Limited
Royal Dutch Shell
Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI)
Shell Developments Australia
TGE Gas Engineering
TGE Marine Engineering
VGS Group Inc (Vessel Gasification Solutions)
Wison Offshore and Marine
Yantai Port Group Ltd
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Ceylon Electricity Board
EU (European Union)
Filipino Department of Energy
Greek Public Gas Corporation (DEPA)
International Court of Justice
Jordan Ministry of Energy
Lebanon Ministry of Energy and Water
Ministry of State Enterprises - Portal Nasional Indonesia
National Gas Public Company of Cyprus (DEFA)
NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)
Pakistan Government Payment Guarantees
RAE - Greek Energy Regulator
State Agency for Investment and National Projects of Ukraine
US Department of Energy
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)