The China Power Market Guide & Outlook 2014
Free Energy Market Research Reports
Batteries & Fuel Cells
Chemical Industry & Markets
Oil & Gas
Terms & Conditions
Energy storage technologies (EST) are becoming increasingly important for improving the efficiency of electricity grid systems. With an ever larger share of power generation coming from intermittent renewable energy sources, rising commodity prices and escalating energy peak demand in high-growth economies, EST are under the spotlight as potential game changers in the management of power transmission and distribution. At present, only some EST are commercially viable; yet, visiongain expects the market to see exponential growth in the next ten years, led by technological, economic and political factors already in action.
Visiongain calculates that the 2013 global EST market will be worth $4,033m in sales value, project CAPEX and RD&D funds. This includes the market estimates for pumped hydro storage, grid-scale battery, compressed air energy storage (CAES), thermal storage, flywheel, ultracapacitor systems and other niche EST currently at their early development stage.
Why you should buy The Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Market 2013-2023
What is the future of the energy storage technologies (EST) market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, missing critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2013-2023 at the global, submarket, and national level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected product pipeline developments.
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way
• View global energy storage technologies (EST) market forecasts and analysis from 2013-2023 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed CAPEX (USD) projections for the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2013-2023, our new study shows current market data, and market shares for each technology submarket and 11 leading national markets.
• You will also discover original critical analysis, revealing insight into commercial developments
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 252-page report provides 174 tables, charts, and graphs. Let our analysts guide you with a thorough assessment of the current and future energy storage technologies (EST) market prospects.
- This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst's industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the EST sector
• Understand what thought leaders are thinking. These leaders hold critical knowledge. Be part of this knowledge
- By reading the exclusive expert interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the energy storage technologies sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit.
- Read the full transcripts of three exclusive expert opinion interviews from leading industry specialists informing your understanding and allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales:
- Tim Hennessy, Executive Vice President at Deeya Electric
- Bret Adams, Director of Business Development at EnerVault
- Mr Michael Sund, Vice President-Communications and Investor Relations at Maxwell Technologies
• Learn about the market prospects for the leading technology types from 2013-2023
- How will individual technology types perform over the forecast period? Discover how high CAPEX can go, from 2013-2023, learning about products and years with the highest predicted growth and revenues. You will also be provided with capacity forecasts (GW) for each technology over the next ten years. You will be able to assess each technology's future, seeing progress and finding what it means, including emerging trends for those technologies. These forecasts will also reveal the competitive landscape. You will see what is happening, explaining the challenges, trends, competitors, and market opportunities. Our report reveals forecasts for the 6 leading key product types as follows :
- Pumped hydro storage market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Grid-scale batteries market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Compressed air energy storage (CAES) market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Thermal storage market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Flywheel market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Ultracapacitor market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Other EST market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
• Understand the prospects for the 11 leading national EST markets - where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for EST companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2013 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market and capacity forecasts and analysis from 2013-2023 for 11 leading national markets, plus the market for the rest of the world.
- China market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- US market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Japan market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Germany market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- India market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Spain market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Italy market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- France market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- UK market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Brazil market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- South Korea market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
- Rest of the World market and capacity forecast 2013-2023
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues assessing product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for businesses will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition from new product types
- Increasing industry consolidation
- Advances in product quality
- Analysis of barriers to entry
- Main policies influencing the market environment
• Identify who the leading companies are in the energy storage industry
- Our report reveals the technologies and companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. Prospects for advances in the EST industry are strong, and from 2013 the sector holds many opportunities for revenue growth. View visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 5 leading energy storage companies examining their 2012 market spending and market share, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook:
- Voith Hydro
- Dongfang Electric
- In addition, shorter profiles are included for a further 61 players active in the EST market.
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the energy storage technologies market
The Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Market 2013-2023 report provides impartial EST sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with Deeya Energy, EnerVault and Maxwell Technologies are included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and national market forecasts from 2013-2023
AES Energy Storage
American Electric Power (AEP)
Arizona Public Service Company
Ataur Nanotechnologies Inc. (Altairnano)
Black & Veatch
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
Boston Power Inc.
BYD Co Ltd.
C&D Technologies Inc.
China Hydropower Engineering Consulting Group Corporation
China National Electric Equipment Corporation (CNEEC)
China Southern Power Grid
China Water Conservancy Corporation
CSG Power Generation Company
Dow Chemical Company
East Penn Manufacturing
Électricité Réseau Distribution France (ERDF)
Energy Safe Victoria
Energy Storage & Power (ESP)
Eos Energy Storage
Firefly International Energy
Foundation Asset Management (FAM)
General Electric (GE)
Green Charge Networks (GCN)
Groupe Industriel Marcel Dassault
GS Yuasa International
GS Yuasa Power Fielding
Highview Power Storage
Hitachi Battery Systems Company
HydroChina Zhongnan Engineering Corp.
Johnson Controls Inc.
Johnson Matthey Group
Lithium Technology Corp. (LTC)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI)
Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation
Oak Investment Partners
Phillips Service Industries
Primus Power Corp.
Red Flow Ltd.
Restore Energy Systems
Shimizu Institute of Technology
Sinohydro (China Water Conservancy and Hydropower Construction Corporation)
Southern California Edison
State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC)
TK Advanced Battery
Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco)
Valence Technology Inc.
VRB Power Systems
Williams Hybrid Power
Xtreme Power Inc.
ZBB Energy Corporation
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Brazilian Wind Energy Association
California Public Utility Commission (CPUC)
Central Electricity Agency (CEA)
China Centre for Renewable Energy Development (CRED)
China Electrical Power Research Institute (CEPRI)
Communist Party of China
Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
Electric Vehicle Initiative (EVI)
Electricity Storage Association
Energy Technology Institute (ETI)
European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA)
European Union (EU)
Fraunhofer Center for Energy Storage
French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME)
French Europe Ecology-The Greens
German Christian Democratic Union (CDU)
German Christian Social Union (CSU)
German Liberal Democratic Party (FDP)
Germany Federal Association of Energy and Water Industries (BDEW)
Germany Federal Association of Energy Storage (BVES)
Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
Imperial College London
Indian Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Italian Ministry of Economy and Finances
Kodiak Electric Association (KEA)
Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER)
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST)
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Paris Stock Exchange (PAR)
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
Shanghai Stock Exchange (SHH)
South Korean Ministry of Knowledge Economy
Spanish People's Party
Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO)
Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
UK Conservative Party
UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
UK Liberal Democratic Party
UK National Grid
UK Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
UK Technology Strategy Board (TSB)
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
University of St. Andrews
US Democratic Party
US Department of Energy (DOE)
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
US Republican Party