[Close]  
Energy market research logo; 25-years of Excellence in Market Research since 1988 roundel.

Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494 771734

>

Advanced Petrochemical and Bayegan to Form Polypropylene Joint Venture in Turkey - Deal Analysis from GlobalData

Advanced Petrochemical and Bayegan to Form Polypropylene Joint Venture in Turkey - Deal Analysis from GlobalData

Table of Contents

Market Briefing
Published: May 2012
Pages: 6
Tables: For full details, please email deborahf@cmsinfo.com
From: GBP 312.50  Buy Now!
Research from: GlobalData
Sector: Oil & Gas

Advanced Petrochemical and Bayegan to Form Polypropylene Joint Venture in Turkey - Deal Analysis from GlobalData

Summary

Advanced Petrochemical Company, a Saudi polypropylene producer and Bayegan Group, a Turkish trading company, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly establish a polypropylene plant in Turkey. Advanced Petrochemical will have a 70% stake in the joint venture while Bayegan will have the remaining 30% stake. Construction of the polypropylene plant will start from the second quarter of 2013 and commercial operation is expected to start in the fourth quarter of 2015. The plant, with an initial investment of approximately $1 billion, will have an annual production capacity of 0.5 MMtpa.

The joint venture will seek to benefit from Advanced Petrochemical?s expertise in polypropylene production and Bayegan?s distribution network. Advanced Petrochemical already owns an integrated polypropylene complex in Saudi Arabia and is striving to achieve higher growth by directly establishing production facilities in the fast growing markets. Bayegan will also complement its partner in the joint venture using its strength in trading and distribution of chemicals, petrochemicals, steel products and other commodities in the domestic and international markets.

Scope

- Rationale behind Advanced Petrochemical and Bayegan for polypropylene joint venture
- Strategic Benefits for Advanced Petrochemical and Bayegan
- Geography covered - Brazil
- Deal Financials and Valuations

Reasons to buy

- Develop a sound understanding of the major M&A's, partnerships and joint ventures taking place in petrochemical industry
- Identify the most lucrative segments to leverage on the growth opportunities available in the petrochemical industry
- Take better decisions based on detailed analysis of the deal
- Know about the major companies, which are adopting a divestment or acquisition

Top of Page