The China Power Market Guide & Outlook 2014
Free Energy Market Research Reports
Batteries & Fuel Cells
Chemical Industry & Markets
Oil & Gas
Terms & Conditions
Wind power has developed rapidly over the past decade to exceed 20% of overall generation in some countries. However, development has been outpacing grid infrastructure development, which has resulted in issues such as oversupply of wind power, wind turbines ceasing to work due to low voltage, and frequency disturbances, impacting impact grid stability. Wind locations are usually far away from the transmission and distribution lines, and strong grids are usually not present in areas with high concentrations of wind, which aggravates the situation.
Stakeholders have now begun to explore various existing solutions for frequency and low voltage issues. The issue of over-supply still needs to be answered comprehensively. A mix of long-term planning and short-term arrangements is needed to address the issue.
The scope of this study includes -
- The study provides a brief on ? how fast the wind power has substantially grown in generation mix of many countries.
- The study covers the issues faced by wind power when integrated to grid at large scale.
- The study provides the solutions to owners/operators of wind farms and transmission grid operators; to avoid the issues arising due to large scale wind integration into grid.
- The study provides a few case studies briefing the approaches undertaken in various countries to avoid the issues arising due to large scale wind integration into grid.
Reasons to buy
- The report provide the analysis of the issues arising due to large scale wind integration into transmission grid and problems which a wind farm owner/operator and a grid utility might face. The study provides various solutions to avoid such issues and smooth operation of grid connected wind projects.
- This information piece of analysis is highly useful for the following stakeholders in the power and renewable industry
- Wind farm owners/operators
- Transmission Utilities
- Policy makers and planners in the power and renewable industry